The Designer’s Tips
Choosing your wedding dress is huge!
At Marylise, we carry our brides in our hearts and therefore it’s important for us to remain close to you. We get a lot of questions about how to style a wedding dress and what’s important to keep in mind when visiting a store and making your final choice. So we thought it was about time to spread some wisdom from our creators!
Our designers Manon and Ruth are happy to share with you their expertise to make sure you’re comfortable before and after choosing your dress. Take note of their tips and tricks and you’ll feel 100 % unique on your wedding day!
Most Important Tips & Tricks:
- Choose with your heart, not your mind.
- Don’t take too many people to your appointment at a bridal store; the bigger the audience the more confused you’ll get. Take someone with you who understands your style and supports you 100%.
- Make sure you can breathe, dance, eat and sit in your dress. You need to feel comfortable for the whole time!
- Put on some light make up, wear skin colour underwear and take some heels with you when shopping for your wedding dress. You’ll feel more like a bride instantly.
- When styling your dress make sure you still look like ‘you’. No make-up overload, keep it natural.
- Don’t forget an extra pair of heels to dance the night away.
- Keep your jewellery refined and subtle.
PS: Was this the information you were hoping for? If not, don’t worry! Get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to assist you with any question.
PPS: don’t share our secret styling tips, keep them for yourself!